Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weekend in Utah

This past weekend, Shonda, Renae and myself traveled to the Land beyond Idaho, a.k.a, Utah. My older brother Donnie and my Dad were at the Fishermans Expo in Sandy. On friday we arrived to visit donnie at about 2 pm. I was then sent on a wild goose chase to find a dowel, wood or metal, while Shonda chased Renae all over the expo.


Luckily, I found a Lowes and returned hastily with my plunder. Shonda had met up with Sharece and was awaiting me outside. They left shortly after I returned with their belongings to embark on a trip to see the Arringtons.


I stayed to help Donnie at their booth for the remainder of the day. Then, I traveresed the lands of SLC onto I-80 eastward and onto Heber. We stayed the night with the Rowsers and were back on the road to Sandy once again. This time we planned to surprise my dad, who had no idea that we were coming, hence the surprise.


Only to find ourselves more surpised by his appearance. He grew out a the hair surrounding his lips. We treated my Dad, Donnie and ourselves to lunch at Chipotle's. I realize how much I miss that place. Good Eats. After lunch we returned Dad back to the expo and left merrily but in need of a much longer visit with him next time.


Lastly we made our way to Logan and stayed the night with Grandma and Grandpa Petersen. It was great fun to have Renae play with her "papa" and "mamapapa" as she calls them. When Sunday was upon us, we set sail back to the great land of Idaho.


Sadly, we took no pictures of this trip and thus, you all had read this instead. We love you all and we had a blast. To those of you we missed this time, there will be another.


This post was from the perspective of the Daddy and all other events that took place without him are not mentioned here.

No comments: