In typical Craig and Shonda fashion, we brought our camera but took very few pictures.
We spent the first few nights at Uncle E.J.'s. He lives on a ranch near Graeagle, CA. That area is so beautiful. It felt like we were staying at a cabin in the woods. It was nice to spend some time with him and meet his girlfriend Kim, whom Renae warmed up to so quickly. Nana and Poppop and Jackson joined us for the weekend. (Carrie and Jake wanted to come too but little Jillian decided to change their plans.) We went on rides on the quads, went to a concert in the park in Portola, had an impromptu water fight with Jackson (where Jackson had the hose, the adults tricked him to be looking right at it when they turned it on, so he brought the hose after all the adults) and explored the old barns and firetruck. It was fun and relaxing. Thanks again, Ernie and Kim, for your hospitality.
Next we got to meet baby Jillian. I forget how tiny they come.
We met up with some of our friends from church on Monday evening, with some of my old co-workers on Wednesday, and a few other friends on Friday and Saturday. When we were with them, it didn't feel like two years have passed.
On Tuesday, we went with Nana to Santa Cruz. As soon as we set Renae down on the beach, she zoomed straight for the water. We quickly took our shoes/socks off and let her play in it for a while. She loved it! After cleaning most of the sand off her and changing her into dry clothes, Nana took her on some rides on the boardwalk. It was great fun. We loved being with Nana.
Wednesday thru Friday, we stayed in San Francisco. Craig and I got to have a date night when Nana took Renae home with her one night so we could go to the musical "Wicked".
Thursday we had lunch with Nana at Boudin's on Fisherman's Wharf,
went to the Exploratorium,
We spent Saturday with Nana helping out with the Icee booth.
On Sunday, we started our drive home. Thanks to the Laytons for letting us stay with them that night to break up our drive.
There are so many other things we did. It was a wonderful vacation. It was so nice to be able to spend time with my husband that was not interrupted by stresses and everyday concerns. I loved that we were able to hold hands more frequently. I love that man and his good family.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! Renae's got so much hair now. What a pretty little girl!
It was wonderful to see you all too. I'm glad jillian arrived when she did so you could meet her. I'm so glad your conference was in SF and we got to hang out. Love ya'll
Sounds like a lot of fun! I wish I could see Renae play in the ocean.
I miss you. I'm excited it will be my turn to see you soon!
Tons of hair! I need to see that girl, I hardly recognize her.
Reminds me of our visit to the Bay Area just before you left. Sounds like you have a lot of fun excuses to visit a beautiful place.
Post a Comment